I’m a fully qualified accountant (FCCA) with 15 years of experience in corporate reporting and technical accounting. I started my career in PwC where I had experience in audit, technical accounting and delivering training to new joiners. I then joined a newly established Allianz Bank and was primarily responsible for developing accounting policies under IFRS. Later I joined Orange’s Polish division, where I was advising company’s management on various accounting topics and was a manager overseeing consolidation process and preparation of IFRS consolidated financial statements. I also launched IFRScommunity.com, a website for IFRS professionals. I’ve been working remotely since 2021 as a freelance IFRS consultant providing technical advice on a range of IFRS accounting topics.
Independent IFRS Consultant
2021 – present
- Founder of IFRScommunity.com (est. 2018) with vast in-depth knowledge base and a forums for IFRS professionals.
- External expert and contributing author at Croner-i.
- Provided technical advice on a range of IFRS accounting topics to several clients. Highlights include:
- subject matter expert on the development of lease accounting software functionality,
- assistance with business combination accounting and resulting first-time foreign currency consolidation procedures,
- development of deferred tax calculation model, and
- development of impairment testing model for non-financial assets.
In-house Part-time IFRS Adviser at Orange’s Polish division
2016 – 2021
- Advised company’s management on various accounting topics, evaluated technical issues, analysed facts and delivered solutions. Highlights include:
- presentation of financial statements and effective disclosures,
- alternative performance measures,
- mergers and acquisitions (incl. BCUCC),
- joint ventures,
- impairment tests,
- C&L provisions,
- correction of errors,
- factoring of trade receivables,
- restructuring, and
- government grants.
- Prepared technical accounting position papers for auditors.
- Supporting role in the adoption of IFRS 15 and IFRS 16.
Consolidated Financial Reporting Manager at Orange’s Polish division
2011 – 2016
- Managed key financial reporting processes:
- month-end close process,
- preparation of consolidated financial statements under IFRS,
- internal financial reporting for the Chief Accounting Officer, the CFO and the Audit Committee,
- internal controls for SOX compliance.
- Liaised with auditors as a key contact.
- Led a team of 5 IFRS and consolidation experts.
External Trainer at PwC Academy
2011 – 2012
- Delivered 5-day introductory accounting trainings to new joiners in PwC’s audit department and service delivery centre.
Group Reporting Expert at Orange’s Polish division
2009 – 2011
- Prepared primary consolidated financial statements and selected explanatory notes under IFRS.
- Prepared manual consolidation adjustments.
- Coordinated intercompany reconciliation.
- Prepared accounting documentation for auditors.
- Prepared consolidated management reports.
Bank Accounting Specialist at Allianz Bank
2008 – 2009
- Developed accounting polices under IFRS of a newly established bank.
- Subject matter expert during accounting software tests.
Audit Associate at PwC Poland
(Audit Intern in 2006)
2007 – 2008
- Member of audit teams (mostly in the financial services industry).
- Acting senior in charge of audits of small entities.
- Supporting member of the technical team.
Certifications and education
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- ACCA Member since 2016.
- Fellowship (FCCA) since 2021.
Polish Chamber of Statutory Auditors
- Passed all exams for a statutory auditor.
2002 – 2007
- Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- Winner of the national accounting contest Moneta Platina organised by Deloitte.
- Member of the Accounting Society.
In my free time…
I enjoy reading non-fiction books, playing table tennis and walking down the street.