I’m a seasoned accounting expert (FCCA) with 15+ years of experience in corporate reporting and technical accounting under IFRS.
My professional journey began at PwC, where I gained valuable experience in audit and technical accounting, while also delivering training to new recruits. I then worked at the newly established Allianz Bank, where I took on the responsibility of formulating accounting policies under IFRS. My subsequent move to Orange’s Polish division saw me advising the company’s management on a wide range of accounting matters, managing the consolidation process and preparation of IFRS consolidated financial statements. I am also the founder of IFRScommunity.com, an online hub for IFRS professionals. Since 2021, I have been working remotely as an Independent IFRS Consultant, providing technical advice on a wide range of accounting issues.
Independent IFRS Consultant
2021 – present
- Provided expert technical advice on various IFRS accounting issues to clients, notably in areas such as lease accounting software development, business combination accounting, common control mergers, share-based payment awards, deferred tax calculation models, and impairment testing of non-financial assets.
- External expert and contributing author at Croner-i.
- Founder of IFRScommunity.com (est. 2018), an online platform featuring in-depth knowledge base and forums for IFRS professionals.
- Curator of Reporting Period, an ultimate IFRS update.
In-house IFRS Adviser, Orange’s Polish Division
2016 – 2021
- Provided management with advice on a broad spectrum of accounting topics, analysing technical issues to deliver effective solutions. Highlights include mergers and acquisitions (incl. BCUCC), joint ventures, impairment tests, C&L provisions, correction of accounting errors, factoring of trade receivables, restructuring, government grants, presentation of financial statements, and alternative performance measures.
- Prepared comprehensive technical accounting position papers for auditors.
- Assisted in the adoption of IFRS 15 and IFRS 16.
Consolidated Financial Reporting Manager, Orange’s Polish Division
2011 – 2016
- Managed key financial reporting processes, such as month-end close process, preparation of consolidated financial statements under IFRS, and internal financial reporting for key stakeholders.
- Liaised with auditors as the main contact point.
- Led a team of five IFRS and consolidation experts.
Trainer, PwC Academy
2011 – 2012 (contract role)
- Delivered accounting training courses to new recruits in PwC’s audit department and service delivery centre.
Group Reporting Expert, Orange’s Polish Division
2009 – 2011
- Prepared primary financial statements and selected explanatory notes under IFRS.
- Prepared accounting documentation for auditors.
- Managed manual consolidation adjustments and intercompany reconciliation.
Bank Accounting Specialist, Allianz Bank
2008 – 2009
- Developed accounting policies under IFRS for the newly established bank.
- Provided subject matter expertise during accounting software tests.
Audit Associate, PwC Poland
2007 – 2008
- Participated in audit teams, primarily in the financial services industry.
- Acted as a senior in charge of audits for small entities.
- Supported the technical team in its responsibilities.
- Audit intern in 2006.
Certifications and education
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
2016 – present
- ACCA Member since 2016.
- Fellowship (FCCA) since 2021.
2007 – 2011
- Successfully passed all exams for a statutory auditor.
2002 – 2007
- Earned a Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- Winner of the national accounting contest ‘Moneta Platina’, organised by Deloitte.
- Active member of the Accounting Society.
In my free time…
I enjoy reading non-fiction books, playing table tennis and walking down the street.